<$BlogRSDURL$>
Desperate Dad
Friday, June 24, 2005
  Return of the Dad Hello peeps. This was a weblog about my partner's pregnancy that ran from March 2004 until the birth of my daughter in September 2004. It limped on for a few more entries, but new-born babies and writing are incompatible. I recently read through the whole blog, which ran to almost 130,000 words, and I decided to take it down, because although the prose in parts of it was just sublime, roughly 53% was so badly written that rereading it made me want to commit suicide. I've therefore re-edited most of it, cut out the overwrought metaphors that made me want to take my own life, and will probably republish it sometime in the next few months.

Thanks to everyone who has sent me messages and those of you who still - according to my site stats - check the site for updates every day.

I've been too busy to write anything new here, until now, what with holding down a job and coping with fatherhood. We're all fine, although we had virtually every baby-related problem you can think of - my daughter is a beautiful yet feisty little cow who deprived us of sleep for nine months; we had big problems with feeding; and my partner had post-natal depression, mostly brought on by the evil breastfeeding tit-Nazi brigade and feelings of inadequacy caused by her failure to follow that bullshit Gina Ford book to the letter ('The Contented Little Baby' is a great book, providing you can persuade your baby to read it). Basically, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Of course, we got through it all. I've now given up my job and am looking after my daughter full-time as a house-husband; my partner has gone back to work and made a complete recovery from her PND (for which the only cure is to get away from your baby!!!). I must say, looking after my child is not as easy as I thought it would be - I kind of imagined myself as being 'the only Dad at the playgroup' flirting with all the yummy Mummy's and having plenty of time to work on my novel. I've actually spent most of this morning dealing with diarrhoea and nappy rash. My daughter's life at the moment is one long round of joyous defecation, and I am, quite literally, a shit-shoveller by profession. I feel so bitter about it that I might even post a picture of my daughter's arse, just so that you can all see what I'm going through. Maybe I should rename this blog 'Desperate Househusband'.

I do get the odd moment to myself, so i'll probably update again soon.

Later on,

Dan 
Comments:
Hey Dan,
Glad you're back. I hate to admit I almost considered taking down the link to your blog after so much inactivity. But somewhere, deep down, I knew you'd be back. Also glad to hear that things in your life seem to be on a more even keel. :-)
 
Great to have you back, and to see that all turned out nice (if a little pooey) in the end. I too had almost given up on you. Look forward to more regular updates (though please refrain from the baby's bottom pic :-)!
 
Hi Dan

If you'd be interested in having any of your Dad stories re-published on the BBC website for a new series called 'He's Having A Baby', please contact Claire.theoff@bbc.co.uk

p.s. Sorry to use comments rather than email - your Contact Me hotmail address isn't working.
 
Sorry I couldn't help with the topic, but I may be able to help with Christmas!

How bout getting an iPod or XBox 360 for cheap (or even free!) before christmas from the cheapest place to buy your Christmas Presents

Over £10 million worth of gifts have been sent over the past year!

All the best, Claire
 
WOW....Do you know or have you ever heard of Gotting Money from federal grants ..If you are interested in finding out how to get more info on federal grants visit us at http://allgrants4u.com... There are so many things you can get grants for.. Homes, school, work, business, college..ect.. Find out how everybody is getting money from federal grants today... Quit living in poverty educate yourself and improve your life..
 
Are you stuck in a job that is leading you on the path to no where?
We can help you obtain a College Degree with classes, books, and exams
Get a Genuine College Degree in 2 Weeks!
Well now you can get them!

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

BA, BSc, MA, MSc, MBA, PHD,

Within 2 weeks!
No Study Required!
100% Verifiable

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

These are real, genuine, They are verifiable and student records and
transcripts are also available. This little known secret has been
kept quiet for years. The opportunity exists due to a legal loophole
allowing some established colleges to award degrees at their discretion.


With all of the attention that this news has been generating, I wouldn't
be surprised to see this loophole closed very soon

Get yours now, you will thank me later
Call this number now (413) 208-3069
We accept calls 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
 
Do you ever wonder why some people excel in life while others seem to fade away. What makes one persons life more fulfilling that another. I have been studying this my whole life . What did these people do that made them great thinkers, achievers, Successful People, writers and philanthropists.
 
Hey

My name is Scott Lancaster from www.diyfather.com we are a global online interactive forum for fathers based in New Zealand.

I was hoping that you might be interested in sharing content, we would link back to your site with your name on our site.

Also would you be interested in doing a podcast interview via telephone?

Let me know if this is possible I look forward to hearing from you

My return email is scott@diyfather.com

Regards Scott
 
Post a Comment
My name is Dan Pater and this WAS an online diary I kept ahead of my first child's birth, in which I tried to apologise to her for being a fucked-up penniless arsehole.

ARCHIVES
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 / 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 /


Powered by Blogger

Contact Me